Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I must get out of this big, empty house and travel the world.

Right now, I really want to visit Seoul, Korea. Not just because I have a weird obsession for Koreans, but because I want to study the Korean people themselves. I want to see how fashion is timed, how their food is healthier than most asian foods, how plastic surgery is so common for people as young as 16, how they have some of the leading technology brands in the world (i.e. LG, Samsung, Hyundai), how women protect their skin so well, how school is so suicidal for students, and all that other fun stuff. For some reason, it just amazes me.

Next stop would be Akita, Japan. I am a winter baby. I hated vacations to hot and warm places. I could probably skip on Hawaii, Jamaica, Costa Rica, and the other warm places. Akita is in the northern area of Japan where it’s known for it’s brilliant onsens (hot springs), breath taking mountain views, and beautiful pure white snow. I’m a cold person (figuratively, and literally). I travel to cold places almost every year to ski, snowboard, etc. So I’d love to climb one of Akita’s mountains one day. And then top it off with soaking myself in an onsen.

St. Petersburg and Moscow, Russia. Why? After seeing Anastasia as a kid, I really fell in love with Russia because that was the setting of Anastasia. But then my freshmen year I had to right an essay about Nicholas II: The Last Tsar, I became more interested in Russia. I also realized they have a lot of snow there and I’m a sucker for snow and the cold. Also, I’ve always wanted an authentic Russian fur hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment